Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Other Woman|
|Directed by||Nick Cassavetes|
|Produced by||Julie Yorn|
|Written by||Melissa Stack|
|Music by||Aaron Zigman|
|Editing by|| Jim Flynn|
|Studio|| LBI Productions |
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|Release date||April 25, 2014|
|Running time||109 minutes|
|view • talk|
The Other Woman is a comedy film directed by Nick Cassavetes, produced by Julie Yorn, and written by Melissa Stack. The film was released on April 25, 2014. It stars Cameron Diaz as "the other woman" in an affair who seeks revenge against the cheating husband (played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), along the wife of him (played by Leslie Mann). Nicki Minaj made her live action-movie debut on the film as the character Lydia.
On April 25, 2013 it was reported that Minaj will appear on the revenge comedy film The Other Woman, making her live-action movie debut. The film was shot in late spring and early summer of 2013, and will be released on April 25, 2014. On December 19, 2013, the official 2 minute trailer was released. To promote the film, many social media sites for the project was made(Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Instagram, Youtube, and http://www.theotherwomanmovie.com)
On January 14, 2014, Nicki announced on Twitter that she watched the movie for the first time on that day. On March 25, it was revealed that the film was Rated R due to a lot of sexual references. Fox appealed this, and a final decision to change it to PG-13 was revealed on April 9. On April 13, Cameron, Leslie, Kate, and Nicki presented at the MTV Movie Awards together. All fours ladies and Taylor Kinney also attended the Hollywood premiere of the movie on April 21.
The film centers on a woman (Diaz) who discovers that she is "the other woman" in a love affair. She joins forces with the wife (Mann) to get revenge on the cheating husband (Coster-Waldau). In their seek of revenge, the women meet another mistress of the man (Kate Upton).
- Cameron Diaz as Carly, the other woman.
- Leslie Mann as Kate, the wife of the cheating husband.
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Mark, the cheating husband.
- Kate Upton as Amber, another mistress of the man.
- Taylor Kinney as Phil, Kate's brother and the cheating husband's brother-in-law.
- Nicki Minaj as Lydia, the other woman's opinionated assistant.
- Madison McKinley as Waitress.
- Don Johnson as Frank, the other woman's father.
- Victor Cruz as Fernando.
- David Thornton as Nick.
- Alyshia Ochse as Cece.
- Chelsea Turnbo as Receptionist.
Critical reception Edit
The Other Woman received mostly negative reviews by critics, most of them feel displeased by the overuse of sexual jokes in the movie. However, Nicki Minaj acting was well received by most critics, even if they gave the movie a bad review.
Stephen Holden from The New York Times gave the movie a dreadful review but remarked that the "best line in the movie" is spoken by Minaj as Lydia ("Selfish people live forever"). Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times film critic, called Minaj a "scene-stealing", and Richard Lawson from Vanity Fair magazine, called her "a lead who groove well together with seemingly minimal effort" and "an underused treat". U-T San Diego's film writer Jake Coyle applauded Minaj's "excellent use of her few minutes as Carly's assistant".
Film critic Dustin Putman criticized Minaj's speaking voice because "its nasal quality [tends] to sound overly whiny", but he was pleased by her acting. Carla Meyer, from newspaper The Sacramento Bee, gave Minaj a mixed review saying that her character, Lydia, is "written as so fierce' she borders on cartoon. But Minaj is funny and charismatic."
The Other Woman will be released on Blu-ray & DVD on July 29, 2014.
- 1 Technically this is Nicki's 2nd #1 box office film after being apart of Ice Age 4.
- 2 Nicki actually had more lines but were cut due to the rating change of R to PG-13.
- 3 The film has grossed $84M domestically, and $111M in foreign sales.
- 4 Want to hear the most mind blowing thing: Technically Nicki is a billion dollar grossing actress. The Other Woman has grossed over $195M. Ice Age grossed $877M.
Minaj revealed that a song recorded by her might be on the official soundtrack album of the movie. Since the movie's release, no soundtrack has been announced.
Trailer/Sneak Peeks Edit
Premiere Night Edit
Before the actual premiere, Nicki went on a run of press interviews to discuss her new image, music, and acting career. She wore all Alexander McQueen.
Los Angeles PremiereEdit
Nicki walked the red carpet of the premiere in a beautiful white Alexander McQueen dress.
After the premiere, Nicki attended the after-party wearing Jean Paul Gaultier.
Awards and nominationsEdit
Choice Movie: Comedy
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
- Ride Along
- The Other Woman
- Vampire Academy
Choice Movie: Chemistry
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Kate Upton - The Other Woman
- Ansel Elgort, Nat Wolff and Shailene Woodley - The Fault in Our Stars
- Chris Evans & Anthony Mackie - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Ice Cube & Kevin Hart - Ride Along
- Jonah Hill & Channing Tatum - 22 Jump Street
Choice Actress: Comedy
- Christina Applegate - Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
- Drew Barrymore - Blended
- Zoey Deutch - Vampire Academy
- Cameron Diaz - The Other Woman
- Emma Roberts - We're the Millers
Favorite Comedic Movie
- The Other Woman
- 22 Jump Street
- Let's Be Cops
- ↑ The Hollywood Reporter: Nicki Minaj Makes Film Debut in Cameron Diaz's 'The Other Woman' Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- ↑ The Other Woman (2014). Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- ↑ "A Female Cooperative Based on Revenge". Review by Stephen Holden from The New York Times (24 Apr. 14). Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- ↑ "'The Other Woman' devolves and dumbs down its characters". Review by Betsy Sharkey from Los Angeles Times (24 Apr. 14). Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- ↑ "The Other Woman Is Fun, When It's Not in the Bathroom". Review by Richard Lawson from Vanity Fair (24 Apr. 14). Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- ↑ "'The Other Woman' has zip but little else". Review by Jake Coyle from U-T San Diego (24 Apr. 14). Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- ↑ "The Other Woman (2014)". Review by Dustin Putman (23 Apr. 14). Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- ↑ "Mann, Diaz funny together but can’t save ‘The Other Woman’". Review by Carla Meyer from The Sacramento Bee (24 Apr. 14). Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- ↑ Nicki Minaj: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me! - mypinkfriday.com Retrieved December 29, 2013.