The Super Bass Contest was a contest held in May 2011 to promote Nicki Minaj's single "Super Bass." Nicki Minaj tweeted the link to her official website (MyPinkFriday.com) for all her fans to see the rules of the contest. A similar contest was made in May 2012 for her single "Starships"!
The rules were posted on Minaj's official website, MyPinkFriday.com.
- Record a video of yourself performing ONLY A VERSE from Super Bass and upload to Youtube.
- Visit www.mypinkfriday.com/campaigns/371 and sign up for the campaign.
- Then enter in the link of the youtube video.
- At the end of the contest we will display ALL APPROVED videos in the video section of MyPinkFriday.com.
- Nicki will select 5 winners and they will win:
- 2 tickets and 2 passes to meet Nicki on the Femme Fatale Tour*
- A call from Nicki thanking you for participating in the contest
- Featured on the home page of MyPinkFriday.com.
*Note: If outside of the US and Canada, you may still participate and use the prize when Nicki tours through your area.
Originally, only five winners were to be selected, but since so many entries were received, the list was lengthened to twelve:
- Maraj, Onika. (@NICKIMINAJ). "Super Bass Contest Rules!!! Enter to win backstage passes to the Femme Fatale Tour!!! http://mypinkfriday.com/news/33582 (Open to ALL AGES)." May 5, 2011. 8:26 PM. Tweet.
- MyPinkFriday.com. "'Super Bass' Video Contest." Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- MyPinkFriday.com. "Super Bass Video Contest Winners." Retrieved May 26, 2012.