|Starring||Ariana Neal, Selita Ebanks, Wesley Jonathan, McCarrie McCausland, Whoopi Goldberg|
|Executive producers|| Nicki Minaj|
|view • talk|
Nicki is an upcoming sitcom expected to premiere sometime in 2016. Nicki Minaj will executive produce and appear in the show, which will air on Freeform. Kate Angelo is slated to write the series.
The series will portray Minaj's upbringing in the 1990s with a "vibrant immigrant family" as well as her "eventual rise to stardom." It is unclear if the show will be autobiographical, semi-autobiographical, or fictitious, as the names of Minaj's family members stated in the cast announcement are different from her family's real names.
- Ariana Neal as Nicki Minaj
- Selita Ebanks as Nicki's mother, Grace
- Wesley Jonathan as Nicki's father, Vincent
- McCarrie McCausland as Nicki's older brother, Jaylen
- Whoopi Goldberg as Nicki's neighbor, Miss Martha
Development and ProductionEdit
In her 2014 V magazine interview, Minaj confirmed that she was working on a TV production that she knew her fans would be excited about. In her 2015 Billboard interview, she confirmed this again. On September 29, 2015, Minaj confirmed that the program would be about her childhood and eventual rise to stardom.
On December 18, 2015, Minaj announced that the series was to be titled Nicki as well as announcing the principle cast members.
The series is set to be a 30 minute, single camera comedy.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Spanos, Brittany. "Nicki Minaj to Produce, Star in New Autobiographical TV Show." Rolling Stone. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- ↑ Andreeva, Nellie. "Nicki Minaj Comedy Gets ABC Family Series Commitment." Deadline. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- ↑ Wagmeister, Elizabeth. "Nicki Minaj’s ABC Family Series Casts Young Nicki." Variety. 18 December 2015. Retrieved 20 December 2015.